Tuesday 10 September 2024

PRINCIPLES THAT GOVERN LIFE

Title: PRINCIPLES THAT GOVERN LIFE 

Main Text: Proverbs 4:7 

By Rev Samuel Arimoro 

INTRODUCTION
Life is governed by principles, and understanding these principles helps us navigate life effectively. In the Bible, principles are guidelines that, when followed, lead to success, peace, and fulfilment. Proverbs 4:7 tells us, "Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore, get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding." Wisdom and understanding are foundational principles that guide every aspect of life. Just as there are physical laws like gravity that govern the natural world, there are spiritual principles that govern our lives, decisions, and destinies. 

1.   THE PRINCIPLE OF WISDOM AND UNDERSTANDING
  Wisdom is the ability to apply knowledge effectively. It is not just knowing what is right but also doing it. James 1:5 states, "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God." Wisdom guides our decisions and keeps us from unnecessary errors. Understanding helps us to interpret situations correctly and make the right choices.

2. THE PRINCIPLE OF FAITH AND TRUST IN GOD
  Hebrews 11:6 teaches that "without faith, it is impossible to please God." Faith is a fundamental principle that governs our relationship with God. Faith is trusting God's promises and believing that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. Trust in God means relying on Him even when circumstances are challenging (Proverbs 3:5-6).

3. THE PRINCIPLE OF SOWING AND REAPING
  Galatians 6:7 says, "Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows." This principle teaches us that actions have consequences. Whether in our relationships, finances, or spiritual walk, what we invest is what we will get in return. It encourages us to sow righteousness, kindness, and faithfulness.

4. THE PRINCIPLE OF LOVE AND FORGIVENESS
  Love is the greatest commandment (Matthew 22:37-40). Jesus taught that loving God and others fulfils all the law and the prophets. Forgiveness is also essential because it restores relationships and reflects God’s nature (Matthew 6:14-15). By walking in love and forgiveness, we maintain healthy relationships and reflect God's love to the world.

5. THE PRINCIPLE OF STEWARDSHIP
  God calls us to be good stewards of the resources He has entrusted to us, whether time, talents, or finances (1 Peter 4:10). Stewardship is about managing God-given resources responsibly and with gratitude. This principle teaches us to invest in things that have eternal value, prioritize God’s kingdom, and serve others.

6. THE PRINCIPLE OF OBEDIENCE TO GOD'S WORD 
  Deuteronomy 28:1-2 promises blessings for obedience to God's commands. Obedience is a crucial principle that governs our relationship with God and determines our success in life. When we align ourselves with God’s Word, we walk in His will and experience His blessings.

CONCLUSION
The principles that govern life are deeply rooted in the Word of God. To live a fulfilled and purposeful life, we must adhere to these principles. They guide us in making wise decisions, building strong relationships, and growing spiritually. As we embrace and apply these principles, we set ourselves on the path of divine favour and success.

PRAYER POINTS
1. Lord, grant me the wisdom and understanding to live by Your principles. 
2. Father, help me to trust You completely in every aspect of my life. 
3. Lord, teach me to sow seeds of righteousness and reap bountiful harvests. 
4. Father, fill my heart with Your love and help me to forgive others. 
5. Lord, make me a faithful steward of all You have given me. 
6. Father, guide me in the path of obedience to Your Word. 
7. Lord, open my eyes to understand the principles that govern a victorious life. 
8. Father, let my life be a reflection of Your love and grace. 
9. Lord, help me to apply the principle of faith in all my endeavours. 
10. Father, empower me to walk in Your divine principles and experience Your blessings.

PROPHETIC DECLARATIONS 
1. I declare wisdom and understanding are my portion in Jesus' name. 
2. I decree that I will walk in divine faith and trust in God’s promises. 
3. I proclaim that every seed I sow will bring forth a bountiful harvest. 
4. I declare that love and forgiveness flow freely through me. 
5. I prophesy that I am a faithful steward of God’s resources. 
6. I declare that obedience to God’s Word is my lifestyle. 
7. I proclaim that I am aligned with God’s principles and living a purposeful life. 
8. I decree divine favour and success in all areas of my life. 
9. I declare that I walk in divine wisdom to navigate life’s challenges. 
10. I prophesy that God’s principles will guide me to my destiny in Jesus' name.

No comments:

Post a Comment