Wednesday 11 September 2024

POWER AGAINST DESTINY KILLERS

Title: POWER AGAINST DESTINY KILLERS

By Rev Samuel Arimoro

Main Text: John 10:10 - "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." 

INTRODUCTION

Every believer has a divine destiny ordained by God. However, there are forces and powers that seek to destroy or derail this destiny. Jesus warns us in John 10:10 that the thief, representing Satan, comes to steal, kill, and destroy. These "destiny killers" operate through various means to hinder God's plan for our lives. But God has given us the power to overcome them through His Word, His Spirit, and the authority of the name of Jesus. This sermon focuses on understanding who destiny killers are, their tactics, and how to gain victory over them. 

1. WHO ARE DESTINY KILLERS?

a) Agents of Darkness (Ephesians 6:12)
Destiny killers are spiritual forces operating under the influence of Satan. They are principalities, powers, rulers of darkness, and spiritual hosts of wickedness working to hinder God's purpose for your life. 

b) Human Agents (2 Timothy 4:14-15)
Sometimes, destiny killers operate through people. These can be close associates, friends, or even family members who, knowingly or unknowingly, become instruments in the enemy's hands to destroy God's plan for your life. An example is Alexander the coppersmith, who opposed Paul's ministry. 

c) Negative Habits and Addictions (Proverbs 5:22-23)
Destiny killers can also be internal, such as negative habits, addictions, and character flaws. These can derail us from the path of destiny if left unchecked. 

2. STRATEGIES AND TACTICS OF DESTINY KILLERS 

a) Deception and Lies (Genesis 3:1-5; John 8:44)
Satan is a master deceiver and uses lies to distort God’s Word and mislead people. In the Garden of Eden, he deceived Eve, which resulted in the fall of man. Destiny killers will often use deception to lead believers away from their divine purpose. 

b) Fear and Intimidation (1 Kings 19:2-4)
Fear is a major weapon used by destiny killers to paralyze believers and prevent them from moving forward. When Jezebel threatened Elijah, he ran for his life in fear, despite just having a mighty victory. Fear can cripple one's ability to fulfill their God-given destiny. 

c) Distractions and Diversions (Nehemiah 6:2-4)
Destiny killers often use distractions to divert attention from what is important. Nehemiah was invited by his enemies to leave his work and meet them, but he discerned their intent and stayed focused. Many lose sight of their destiny because they are distracted by worldly pursuits, relationships, or unprofitable engagements. 

3. BIBLICAL EXAMPLES OF DESTINY KILLERS

a) Delilah: Samson's Downfall (Judges 16:4-21)
Delilah was a destiny killer in Samson's life. Through seduction and deceit, she discovered the secret of his strength and brought him to ruin. Samson's destiny as a deliverer was cut short because he fell for her trap. 

b) Haman: The Enemy of Mordecai and the Jews (Esther 3:5-6; 7:9-10) 
Haman plotted to kill Mordecai and annihilate the Jews, but God intervened and turned his wicked plot around. Haman represents the forces that plot evil against God's people to stop them from fulfilling their destiny. 

c) Saul: The Jealous King (1 Samuel 18:8-11) 
King Saul became a destiny killer to David because of jealousy. He attempted multiple times to kill David because he saw the anointing and future kingship of David. Jealousy can drive people to become enemies of destinies. 

4. HOW TO GAIN POWER AGAINST DESTINY KILLERS 

a) Know Your Identity in Christ (Ephesians 1:17-23)
Understanding your position and authority in Christ is crucial. You are seated with Christ in heavenly places, far above principalities and powers. Knowing this gives you the confidence to resist and overcome every destiny killer. 

b) Engage in Spiritual Warfare (Ephesians 6:10-18; 2 Corinthians 10:3-5) 
Put on the whole armor of God and stand firm against the schemes of the enemy. Use the Word of God, prayer, fasting, and the name of Jesus as weapons to dismantle the plans of destiny killers. 

c) Discernment and Wisdom (Proverbs 4:7; Hebrews 5:14)
Pray for the spirit of discernment to identify destiny killers around you and avoid their traps. Like Nehemiah, be wise and stay focused on your divine assignment. 

d) Break Negative Relationships (2 Corinthians 6:14-17)
Separate yourself from people and environments that are toxic to your spiritual growth and destiny. If a relationship is consistently pulling you away from God’s purpose, it is time to let go. 

e) Live a Life of Obedience (Isaiah 1:19)
Obedience to God's Word keeps you in alignment with His purpose and provides divine covering. When you walk in obedience, no weapon formed against you will prosper. 

5. MAINTAINING VICTORY OVER DESTINY KILLERS

a) Stay Rooted in God’s Word (Psalm 119:105; Joshua 1:8)
The Word of God is a lamp to your feet and a light to your path. When you meditate on it day and night, you will have good success and be victorious over any destiny killer. 

b) Remain Prayerful and Watchful (1 Thessalonians 5:17; Matthew 26:41)
Jesus admonished His disciples to watch and pray so that they would not fall into temptation. Continuous prayer builds a spiritual hedge around you and keeps destiny killers at bay. 

c) Surround Yourself with Godly Counsel (Proverbs 11:14; Hebrews 10:25) 
Associate with people who encourage you to pursue your divine destiny. Godly counsel and fellowship with like-minded believers provide strength, encouragement, and protection against destiny killers. 

CONCLUSION
Destiny killers are real, but they are not unbeatable. Through the power of the Holy Spirit, the authority of the Word, and a life of obedience, we have the power to overcome every force that seeks to destroy our destiny. Remember, you are more than a conqueror in Christ Jesus. Stand firm, stay vigilant, and trust in the Lord's power to deliver you from every destiny killer. 

PRAYER POINTS
1. "Lord, open my eyes to recognize every destiny killer around me." 

2. "Father, grant me the discernment and wisdom to avoid the traps of the enemy." 

3. "O God, empower me to stand firm and resist every attack against my destiny." 

4. "Lord, break every negative relationship that is hindering my divine assignment." 

5. "Father, cover me with Your protection and keep me from every evil plot." 

6. "O God, help me to stay focused and not be distracted by the enemy’s schemes." 

7. "Lord, give me the courage to confront and overcome every destiny killer in my life." 

8. "Father, let Your Word guide me and keep me on the path of destiny." 

9. "O God, dismantle every weapon formed against my destiny in Jesus' name." 

10. "Lord, help me to walk in obedience to Your Word and fulfill my divine purpose." 

PROPHETIC DECLARATIONS
1. I declare that every destiny killer assigned against me is defeated in Jesus' name. 

2. I declare that I will fulfill my divine purpose and no power of darkness can stop me. 

3. I declare that God is opening my eyes to see and avoid every trap set by the enemy. 

4. I declare that I am surrounded by God’s divine protection and favour. 

5. I declare that every negative relationship in my life is broken and destroyed. 

6. I declare that I am walking in divine wisdom, discernment, and understanding. 

7. I declare that I am an overcomer and nothing can derail my destiny. 

8. I declare that every evil plot against my life is exposed and nullified. 

9. I declare that I am rising above every limitation and hindrance in Jesus' name. 

10. I declare that I am more than a conqueror through Christ who strengthens me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment