Friday 6 September 2024

THAT I MAY KNOW HIM

Title: THAT I MAY KNOW HIM

Scripture Text: Philippians 3:10 (KJV) - "That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death."

By Rev Samuel Arimoro

INTRODUCTION:
The desire to know Christ is the heart of Christianity. It goes beyond intellectual knowledge or religious activities; it is about developing an intimate relationship with Him. The Apostle Paul, despite his vast knowledge, spiritual experiences, and apostolic authority, expressed this deep longing in Philippians 3:10. His pursuit was not for material gain but a deeper understanding of Jesus Christ.

Knowing Christ involves three key aspects: understanding His power, participating in His suffering, and becoming like Him. Today, we will explore these aspects and how they apply to our lives.

1. KNOWING THE POWER OF HIS RESURRECTION

A. The Resurrection Power
The resurrection of Jesus Christ is the cornerstone of our faith. This power defeated death, conquered sin, and secured our salvation (1 Corinthians 15:55-57). To know Christ is to experience this transformative power in our lives.

BThe Impact on Believers
The resurrection power is not just a historical fact but a present reality. It gives us victory over sin, power over fear, and authority over every form of darkness (Romans 6:4). When we embrace this power, we are transformed into new creations, walking in righteousness and holiness.

CLiving a Resurrected Life
To know Him is to live a life that reflects the power of His resurrection. It involves living above the natural, moving from defeat to victory, from shame to glory, and from bondage to freedom (Ephesians 2:6).

2. THE FELLOWSHIP OF HIS SUFFERINGS

AUnderstanding Suffering in Christ
Paul speaks of knowing Christ through "the fellowship of His sufferings." This does not mean seeking suffering but understanding that suffering is part of the Christian journey. Jesus Himself said, "In this world, you will have trouble" (John 16:33).

B.   Purpose of Suffering
Suffering produces perseverance, character, and hope (Romans 5:3-5). It is a refining process that brings us closer to Christ. Through suffering, we learn obedience, just as Christ learned obedience through the things He suffered (Hebrews 5:8).

C.   Enduring with Joy:
Knowing Christ in suffering is about having the right perspective. It is about trusting God’s plan, even when we don’t understand it. Like Paul and Silas in prison, we can still praise God in the midst of trials because we know that suffering for Christ is a privilege (Acts 16:25).

3. BEING MADE CONFORMABLE UNTO HIS DEATH

A.  Dying to Self
Knowing Christ involves a daily dying to self. Jesus said, "If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me" (Luke 9:23). This speaks of a life of sacrifice, humility, and submission to God’s will.

B.   Conforming to His Character
To know Him is to become like Him. This requires conforming to His character, walking in love, humility, and obedience. It means forgiving those who hurt us, loving our enemies, and serving others selflessly (Ephesians 4:22-24).

C.  Living a Crucified Life
Paul said, "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me" (Galatians 2:20). This is the essence of knowing Him – living a life where Christ is fully expressed in and through us.

4. PRESSING TOWARD THE GOAL

A.    A Continuous Journey Knowing Christ is not a one-time event but a continuous journey. Paul said, "I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me" (Philippians 3:12). This involves pressing beyond past achievements, failures, and comfort zones.

BThe Price of Intimacy
Intimacy with Christ comes with a price. It requires time in prayer, studying the Word, worship, and yielding to the Holy Spirit. It is a commitment to seek Him above all else (Matthew 6:33).

C.  The Ultimate Reward
The ultimate goal of knowing Christ is eternal life – to dwell with Him forever. Jesus prayed, "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent" (John 17:3).

CONCLUSION

The call to "know Him" is an invitation to a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ. It is a call to experience His resurrection power, share in His sufferings, and become like Him in every aspect. Let us, like Paul, make it our life’s pursuit to know Christ more intimately, for in knowing Him, we find life, peace, and eternal joy.

PRAYER POINTS

1. Lord, give me the grace to know You more intimately and walk in Your ways daily.

2. Father, empower me with the resurrection power of Jesus to live a victorious Christian life.

3. Lord Jesus, help me to embrace the fellowship of Your sufferings and find joy in every trial.

4. Father, let my life be conformed to Your image, reflecting Your love, humility, and obedience.

5. Holy Spirit, ignite a passion in my heart to seek Jesus above all else.

6. Lord, help me to die to myself daily and live a crucified life that honours You.

7. Father, break every power of sin and bondage in my life by Your resurrection power.

8. Lord, open my eyes to understand the depth of Your love and the richness of Your grace.

9. Father, help me to press on toward the goal of knowing You, forgetting what lies behind.

10. Lord, grant me the strength and courage to pursue a deeper relationship with You, no matter the cost.

PROPHETIC DECLARATIONS

1. I declare that I am empowered by the resurrection power of Jesus Christ to live a victorious life.

2. I decree that every form of spiritual dullness in my life is removed in Jesus' name.

3. I proclaim that I am rising above every limitation by the power of the risen Christ.

4. I declare that my life is being transformed daily as I conform to the image of Christ.

5. I speak strength and endurance into my spirit to embrace the fellowship of His sufferings.

6. I declare that I am pressing forward, leaving behind every distraction and hindrance.

7. I proclaim that my desire for Christ is growing deeper and stronger each day.

8. I declare that I am crucified with Christ, and His life is manifesting in me.

9. I decree that my knowledge of God will increase and bring me into greater realms of His glory.

10. I declare that I am a carrier of God’s presence, power, and glory, impacting my generation for Christ.

May God grant us the grace to know Him deeply and intimately, in Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment