Sunday 6 October 2024

THE NAMES OF GOD (PART 2)

BIBLE STUDY: NAMES OF GOD AND ITS IMPACT ON BELIEVERS (Part Two)

By Rev. Samuel Arimoro

Main Text: Exodus 3:13-15
(NKJV)
"Then Moses said to God, 'Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, "The God of your fathers has sent me to you," and they say to me, "What is His name?" what shall I say to them?' And God said to Moses, 'I AM WHO I AM.' And He said, 'Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, "I AM has sent me to you."' Moreover, God said to Moses, 'Thus you shall say to the children of Israel: "The Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is My name forever, and this is My memorial to all generations."'

Supporting Texts:

1. Genesis 22:14 (Jehovah Jireh)
2. Exodus 15:26 (Jehovah Rapha)
3. Judges 6:24 (Jehovah Shalom)
4. Psalm 23:1 (Jehovah Rohi)
5. Jeremiah 23:6 (Jehovah Tsidkenu)
6. Ezekiel 48:35 (Jehovah Shammah)

INTRODUCTION:

In the first part of this study, we examined how the names of God reflect His character, power, and relationship with His people. The significance of knowing God through His names cannot be overstated, as it shapes our prayer life, deepens our understanding of His promises, and brings us into a closer relationship with Him. In this second part, we will continue to explore more of God's names and understand how each name impacts the believer’s life and faith journey.

1. JEHOVAH TSIDKENU – THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS

Jeremiah 23:6
"In His days Judah will be saved, and Israel will dwell safely; now this is His name by which He will be called: THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS."

a) Jehovah Tsidkenu reveals God's provision of righteousness through Christ.

b) This name reminds believers that they are made righteous not by their works but through faith in Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 5:21).

c) It brings confidence that we are justified before God, standing in His righteousness.

d) It calls believers to live righteously as a reflection of God’s holy character.

e) Believers find peace in knowing that their righteousness is secure in Christ.

Biblical Example: Abraham was declared righteous by faith (Genesis 15:6). Believers, like Abraham, are justified by faith in Christ, our Jehovah Tsidkenu.

2. JEHOVAH RAPHA – THE LORD WHO HEALS

Exodus 15:26
"I am the Lord who heals you."

a) Jehovah Rapha reveals God’s power to heal physically, emotionally, and spiritually.

b) This name impacts believers by giving them faith in God’s ability to bring healing in every area of life.

c) It encourages believers to seek God for healing in times of sickness and distress.

d) Jehovah Rapha also points to the ultimate healing in salvation, where God heals the soul.

e) Believers find comfort and strength in knowing God cares for their well-being.

Biblical Example: Naaman’s healing from leprosy (2 Kings 5:1-14) shows the power of Jehovah Rapha to restore even when the situation seems impossible.

3. JEHOVAH SHAMMAH – THE LORD IS THERE

Ezekiel 48:35
"And the name of the city from that day shall be: THE LORD IS THERE."

a) Jehovah Shammah reveals God’s constant presence with His people.

b) Believers experience peace and confidence knowing that God is always present in their lives (Matthew 28:20).

c) This name impacts believers by assuring them of God’s nearness, even in difficult seasons.

d) It encourages intimacy with God, as we are never alone (Psalm 139:7-10).

e) Jehovah Shammah calls believers to live in the awareness of God’s abiding presence.

Biblical Example: God’s presence with the Israelites in the wilderness (Exodus 13:21-22) assured them of His continual guidance and protection.

4. JEHOVAH ROHI – THE LORD MY SHEPHERD

Psalm 23:1
"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want."

a) Jehovah Rohi depicts God as the Shepherd who cares, leads, and protects His flock.

b) Believers are impacted by this name as it assures them of God’s guidance and provision (John 10:11-14).

c) It gives comfort in times of need, knowing God watches over His people with love.

d) This name calls believers to trust in God’s leadership, even when they cannot see the way.

e) Jehovah Rohi invites believers to rest in God’s care, as sheep rest in the care of their shepherd.

Biblical Example: David’s life as a shepherd gave him insight into God’s protective and guiding role as Jehovah Rohi (1 Samuel 17:34-37).

5.   JEHOVAH NISSI – THE LORD MY BANNER

Exodus 17:15
"And Moses built an altar and called its name, The-Lord-Is-My-Banner."

a) Jehovah Nissi signifies God as our victory and defense.

b) Believers find assurance that God fights their battles and gives them victory over the enemy (1 Corinthians 15:57).

c) This name impacts believers by strengthening their faith during spiritual warfare, knowing the Lord goes before them.

d) It reminds believers that their victory is not by might or power, but by God’s Spirit (Zechariah 4:6).

e) Jehovah Nissi calls believers to lift up God’s name as a banner of victory in every challenge.

Biblical Example: The battle between the Israelites and Amalekites (Exodus 17:8-16) demonstrates how Jehovah Nissi gave victory when Moses raised his hands in dependence on God.

CONCLUSION:
The names of God are not just titles but revelations of His character and nature. As believers, understanding and embracing these names empowers us to trust in His promises and rely on His attributes in every circumstance. Whether as Jehovah Tsidkenu (our righteousness), Jehovah Rapha (our healer), or Jehovah Nissi (our banner), the names of God remind us of His faithfulness and mighty acts.

PRAYER POINTS:

1. Lord, reveal Yourself as Jehovah Tsidkenu, my righteousness, and help me live a life that honours You.

2. Father, I call on You as Jehovah Rapha, heal every area of my life that needs restoration.

3. O God, let Your presence, Jehovah Shammah, always be evident in my life.

4. Lord, guide me as Jehovah Rohi, my Shepherd, in every decision I make.

5. I declare victory in my life through Jehovah Nissi, my Banner.

6. Father, teach me to trust in Your righteousness and live in the fullness of Your grace.

7. I call upon You, Jehovah Rapha, to heal the sick among us and restore them completely.

8. Lord, may Your presence, Jehovah Shammah, bring peace and comfort in every area of my life.

9. As Jehovah Rohi, lead me beside still waters and restore my soul.

10. I declare that I will see victory in every battle because Jehovah Nissi goes before me.

PROPHETIC DECLARATIONS:

1. I declare that Jehovah Tsidkenu will establish you in righteousness, and you will live in His holiness.

2. May Jehovah Rapha touch and heal every area of your life, bringing complete restoration.

3. I declare that you will never feel alone, for Jehovah Shammah is with you always.

4. May the Lord, as Jehovah Rohi, lead you in paths of righteousness and provide all your needs.

5. I declare that Jehovah Nissi will fight your battles and give you overwhelming victory.

6. The Lord will reveal His righteousness in your life, and you will walk in His holiness.

7. I declare divine healing and wholeness over your body, soul, and spirit through Jehovah Rapha.

8. May you experience the peace and joy of God’s presence as Jehovah Shammah dwells with you.

9. The Lord will shepherd you, and you will lack nothing as Jehovah Rohi guides your steps.

10. I declare that you will wave the banner of victory over every challenge as Jehovah Nissi leads you to triumph.



No comments:

Post a Comment